About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

second adjustment of adjustment

So on monday i noticed that there was a piece attached to the arch wire on my bottom jaw which was sliding backwards and forwards on the archwire. i kept debating in my head about whether or not to call my ortho and then i decided to do it.

BIG MISTAKE! they had to take four of the additional bands that they had put in my mouth out and replace them with bigger ones that would not break. so i had to lay upside down for almost two hours. i am so cranky right now. i'm just so hungry because i have not enjoyed a proper meal in days! my teeth are so sensitive right now its crazy. i'm getting worried this annoying pain is not going to go away. i guess the good thing is that my teeth are not really throbbing they are only painful if i try to chew. damn i miss real food though.

they did tell me some good news. apparently my bottom teeth are close to perfect so they should be done in a couple of months. thank the Lord. i can't take much more of this extra large band in my mouth.

today i was feeling a little sad about my book and some other reason that i can't remember right now. i gave two out of the six chapters to an editor friend to read through it and tell me what he thinks. he trashed it the first time and he did it this time again so that was hard. i've decided to take it to two other people cos he did not give me any constructive feedback at all except that its awful. i can't understand how someone cannot have even one nice thing to say so i think I'd like a couple more opinions first, that was just too much negative energy for me.

oh the other thing getting me down is that i really want to see my boyfriend but i will be out of town for three weeks and when he comes i might not be here. if that happens i am so going to freak. i have not seen him for over a month and its getting to me. i think the other thing that is getting me down is that i can't speak properly because of all the extra metal they added to my teeth. so when i speak it sounds a bit like parts of my mouth are numb. kind of like coming from the dentist after a filling and you speak funny because you cant move the side of the face where they put the filling. i hope it gets better. imagine my boyfriend coming from sea and meeting this confident woman that opens her mouth and speaks like a child with a sore throat. maybe he'll think its sexy?

hope y'all have some good news or even some entertaining drama to make me laugh...

2 comments:

Shontelly said...

Hello! It took me a while to get used to the braces too. I can't remember how long though. The worse part is that once your used to them they start hurting again with your next adjustment. Mine always hurt at the end of the month for some reason. ??
Good luck with your book. I would be scared of rejection!! I don't do well with it.
Oh and, I know how hard it is to have a loved one in the military. SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

Michelle said...

Like Shontell, it took me a while too. They actually still bother me most of the time. I keep telling myself it will all be good in the end.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... about the book and seeing the boyfriend. My husband is a police officer and although he is not away in the military, we see very little of each other. We work opposite shifts and have for several years. We don't argue much so I guess it has it's benefits...
Have a nice weekend.
Michelle