About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Sunday, January 27, 2008

i can eat food again!


on friday for the first time in over a week i ate normal food. my teeth are still really sensitive when i try to eat fruit or chicken/meat but most soft foods i can eat again. i REALLY REALLY missed food. i was so hungry this week and nutri shakes were not doing it for me anymore. i'm petite but i have a fast metabolism so i need to eat proper food or small meals through out the day.

say, i was wondering if any of you also study the teeth of every person you meet? i have one colleague that is quite cute but her midlines are completely off. isn't it amazing that you can live your whole life and not notice it if you don't have the knowledge? her whole face looks sort of skew. can't believe she was never advised to get braces. then again alot of people are but refuse. i was only advised to get them when i was in university and i refused, cos my already poor self esteem could not take it. besides i would have had glasses and copper brackets. but i find myself studying the teeth of every person i talk to now. there are very few people with good teeth. lots of people have over bites. most of my kids in sunday school have had their barces taken off in the last few months but its quite common among kids.

now that i'm all grown up i know people don't only like me for the way i look. i was in the supermarket and bumped into a former classmate from high school. the first thing he asked me was: aren't you a bit old for braces? but i reckon every single one of us adult ortho bloggers are inspiring others to get them. i know two people that want to get braces, the lady is 38 and the dude is 33 and are considering braces cos i have them. so goodlooking fellow brace face's, we are setting trends! Bridget is right braces are the new pink....

here's a picture i took a couple of weeks ago with one of my girlfriends that is actually based in new york. she was so proud of me for getting the braces. she's asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding later on this year. I'm wearing the itty bitty white skirt and my homegirl is next to me. that's how petite i am, i had no idea till i saw myself standing next to people that are also petite, or rather, also short, but not as small as i am.

read you later.

6 comments:

Ananda Devika said...

Yes! I study everyone's teeth now! I can't help it.

Congrats on the food - after a week or so of soft food, I'm eating everything I can chew - just to prepare for that miserable week after my first adjustment. :)

Ananda Devika said...

Yes! I study everyone's teeth now! I can't help it.

Congrats on the food - after a week or so of soft food, I'm eating everything I can chew - just to prepare for that miserable week after my first adjustment. :)

Ananda Devika said...

Yes! I study everyone's teeth now! I can't help it.

Congrats on the food - after a week or so of soft food, I'm eating everything I can chew - just to prepare for that miserable week after my first adjustment. :)

Shontelly said...

How cute are you! I love that outfit of yours.

I look at everyones teeth now, seeing if they line up. I've even noticed some celebrities who don't have perfect bites and teeth. Did you know that Rumor, Demi Moores daughter, had jaw surgery? I saw it in some gossip mag.

Glad your able to eat again. Not looking forward to the liqiud diet AT ALL.

Michelle said...

I think it's so weird how I notice everyones teeth now. I find that's the first thing I look at and I never did before. Maybe I avoided thinking about the whole teeth thing because that it the last thing I wanted to be aware of on myself. I just wish the process wasn't so long. I'm so impatient!
Enjoy every bite!

nabukay said...

aw shucks (embarassed smile), :) thanks Shontell. lol. sometimes i feel pretty and other times i don't. thanks for the compliment lol.