About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Monday, February 18, 2008

Gum infection :(

great news! i succesfully got myself a gum infection and am currently in pain if i try to chew anything harder than liquid.

since my last adjustment of an adjustment there was alot of extra metal in my mouth. they added two bands on my bottom molars and also added extra wire on the top and bottom teeth of my left hand side. apparently those teeth no longer need to move because they are in the right place now. so she put wire on them in the form of an 8 so that they stay put.

the result of this is that i could not eat proper food for like three weeks. last week i started eating normal food but not before a visit to the oral hygienist that type A personality bitch. sorry but she is. she always speaks in a hurry and rushes you out of her (cleaning place/room). anyway so i went because i would brush and find a bunch of blood on my toothbrush after each brush. ever since the second adjustment i have been brushing my teeth twice so that just exacerbated the swelling.

they were really swollen and when she cleaned my teeth we realised that. granted i was not flossing cos i could not work out how to floss with all the extra metal but now i am doing even though the floss keeps getting shredded. once its finished i'm going to look for something better.

one more day and then i think it will be my third adjustment i think. whatever it is i am so not looking forward to it. now i am just going to gracefully hobble over to my bed cos i just came from the gym and had not been for three lonnnnnng weeks.....

*hugs*

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about that horrible gum infection... I think any infection involving the teeth/gums are the worst.
I hope all is better soon:)

laura said...

Oh no! That sounds really painful. Hope they can clear it up quick with some meds.