About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Thursday, April 2, 2009

my teeth are doing strange things

So I have a confession to make: one of the flimsy hooks they put on the front of my bottom teeth for the bands fell off during the weekend. I think it broke on Saturday. You know what's its like when you're eating something feel some foreign non edible piece of something in your mouth? Well i pulled it out and it was one of the hooks.

I called the emergency number of my ortho on Sunday afternoon I think it was, to no avail. This whole week i have been in 8 hour lectures for this intense project management course that I am doing and it finishes on the other side of town from my ortho. I'm always too drained to rush there because I have to rush to the office to catch up on some things.

So its been like six days and I have only been wearing one set of elastics and not two as I am supposed to for the second configuration. Tomorrow is the final day of the course so I'll pass by the ortho once I'm done.

But the strange thing that is happening with my teeth now, they are almost perfect except that i have two gaps which I did not even notice, people pointed them out to me so I need to show the oral hygienist when I go next week cos I have to go for two week adjustments now.

The first gap is the one between my top two front teeth - laura or steph what are they called? the teeth right at the front? anyway there is a gap between those two again, it keeps opening. I guess its okay but there is a very random one between two of my teeth on the bottom jaw at the right which is scary. Holy, when I saw that gap i was wondering where the heck it had come from and also actually lots of other gaps.

well update you next week. In the meantime let me check on y'all.

ps. today some stupid B*&^%h i work with told me she would never get braces when she is 30, then i looked at her teeth and told her they need work and that its the best decision I ever made cos it taught me discipline. She didn't respond but even if she did, you all would also think she is strange. She's told me before that braces are not cool. Today i told her that they turn men on (at least in my experience) and she was like: "really" and her eyes expanded.....

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Just stopping in to say hi!! I think getting braces was a great decision! I'm sure your teeth are looking fabulous!
xoxo

Bella said...

Hey, sweetie. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Let me know what happens with your book - I'd love to read it when it's finished. Good luck!

nabukay said...

thanks girls!