About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Saturday, September 20, 2008

reflecting on my life

My teeth have been a bit sensitive on the right hand side especially the upper jaw. I guess they are moving...

I still have a week to go until my adjustment. I promise not to miss it this time!

I had lunch with a friend today, a good friend. Do you know what its like when you sit there and find yourself with someone but you can't remember what you have in common? You sit there thinking of what you want for your life and its not what the two of you are talking about or where this person is at. For the longest time I felt neglected by this friend and lately by another, but I think I've reached a point where I've realised that my real friends will call me every once in while and answer my messages... I think I've been asking myself whether it is a bad thing that the other friend never returns my calls? That means I may have outgrown this friendship.

I think I'm in a good space now because I am really evaluating my life in all aspects, emotionally, spiritually, financially and in terms of the company I keep and I have realised that if I want to get to where I want to go I need to make alot of changes.

Well, at the moment I am not single. I spent every day of the week with my new 'boyfriend'. But I've realised something, its different now. I don't have expectations. For the moment I just want us to get to know each other before deciding on anything. This one is nice but I don't know if he is the one. I do know that I'm not going to lose myself. I think I've grown up like that, I don't just fall in love with a man because he expresses interest anymore. He has to be special and while this one is nice, he doesn't fit the bill just yet.

3 comments:

Jen said...

New relationships are so exciting. Have fun with the new man.
Some friends you make due to circumstances you were in at a time in your life. Thus, things in common. Friendships don't have to rely on seeing each other regularly. I have many friends and we may not talk in a year, but when we do catch up it was as if I saw them yesterday. Our friendship remains strong even though our lives are different.

Dragon (Karen) said...

Good luck with getting to know the new guy in your life. Your expectations make good sense to me!

Great you're going to remember your adjustment ... and here's to it being a good one!

laura said...

Hey, did you set up your blog with special settings? I can't get it to update on my blog list - it says that it can't find a feed. You and Graham both.

I'm sad to say I'm usually the friend who's terrible at returning phone calls and emails. I don't like talking on the phone, so I don't usually call friends who I know will want to talk for an hour or more every phone call, unless I know they really need me.

If you're not fed up with her, give her some time and space to miss you, and you'll probably find she seeks you out after a while. Or who knows ... perhaps it is time to move on. But like Jen said, there's something special about those friends you've known so long that you can pick up right where you left off, even when you haven't seen each other for years.