About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Saturday, May 31, 2008

adjustment in two days

So I have an adjustment in three days so for the next couple of days I'm eating as much food as possible!! lol. because I'm quite sure my teeth are going to be traumatised after Tuesday so might as well eat for those 7 days.

I was out all week on a Technical Assistance visit to the regional offices that I supervise so I have alot of catching up to do with you all. I also had a chance to meet with my editor. That was an awesome experience. She edited a book called Emails from the edge by a Canadian writer and was full of suggestions to explore some themes in the book further as well add more value to it. She also had millions of grammatical changes and queries about sentence structure. Damn, this is a lot of work!

We met for about an hour and a half and now I need to sit down and review the changes. If I agree with them its up to me to decide if and how she should proceed. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. But I'm also very excited to take up the challenge.

I'll be going to Cape Town South Africa in a couple of weeks for the book fair. It presents an opportunity to meet up with publishers, aspiring authors, published authors and book lovers in general. I'm really excited about that. Imagine if this book actually got published? Besides the fact that it might help other people it will help me to launch my new career and yeah, help people.

Shontell you asked for the title, well I came up with three which were quite similar but I'm not sure about any of them anymore. My editor said she liked part of one of them but she didn't seem too keen on any of them and keeps telling me I need to pray about it so yes I think she is not feeling any of the titles I selected. She also gave me quite a bit of guidance in terms of the blurb that should be sent to the publishers and so much. Help! Can't wait to be done with this part its still too much work, anyway at least I enjoy it. This book is a memoir about my experience of clinical depression and how I recovered from it. I just think that its something that alot of women, especially professional working women, can relate to, no matter what their age. I want the target to be youngish people but my editor says she feels its geared more towards female people so yeah lets see what happens because we still have quite a bit to discuss.

let me catch up with the rest of you it feels like its been ages...

1 comment:

Dragon (Karen) said...

All the best with your next adjustment and I hope that your's are like mine ... pain free!

Your progress with your book sounds both challenging and amazing. Good for you writing a book to tell about your illness and recovery. I often refer clients to 'real' books, as sometimes something will gel with the person reading the book, that just doesn't come when they're having counselling etc.

Have an awesome time in Cape Town, sounds like it will be a fantastic gathering! Plus good luck with finding the 'right' book title!