About Me

My photo
windhoek, Namibia

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The bookfair

So I'm in CT and the book fair is quite impressive. Lots of distributors and publishers from India and Europe. Yesterday I spent the whole day drinking in the stalls and schmoozing. Ok what I really did was lots of networking which was good. I also attended some of the talks by women authors about their memoirs and that was quite cool.

This is totally supposed to be a working trip but I decided to have some fun in between and now I've missed the whole of the second day of the book fair because I was too exhuasted to get up. I'm doing some things on facebook at the moment and we want to go and see sex and the city later.

Cape Town is wet and miserable today, not that keen to go out. The plane trip cost me 3 grand and my mom was complaining about the expense and she is right, this is expensive but as far as I'm concerned its also an investment. So back to the plane, I am a tiny 5 foot 2 but I was squashed in the plane because the seating space is so small!! how do normal sized people fit in those seats? the food was really good even though it was really small. The trip was uncomfortable because I felt cramped in my tiny space and it was only an hour and 45 minutes but when it was over I was so relieved. So I think I have successfully written today off but tomorrow and Tuesday I will definately actually attend more of the talks.

ok checking in y'all now.

No comments: